GreenBirch Capital – Analyst
GreenBirch Capital empowers current and aspiring commercial real estate owners and developers to create, expand and optimize their portfolio by providing mortgage solutions, connections and education, and we are searching for our next great Analyst. You will have the option of work out of our modern and centrally located facility or remotely (or both – variety is the spice of life!) We’re also are a tight-knit tribe who works hard but loves to have fun while doing so, forging a workplace culture that will have you excited for your role each and every day.
The benefits to you!
First and foremost, you get to work in a company that is exploding with growth and who has an amazing team of professionals who are second to none at their craft; but wait, there’s more
- Work/life balance highlighted by: remote work option, paid sick days, team events
- A competitive salary of $60,000 to $80,000 per year plus a performance bonus (when we win, you win!), depending on what you bring to the table – tell us what you’re worth!
- A competitive benefits package to ensure that you are happy and healthy
- Opportunity to grow your career and skills in the Real Estate Finance industry
- The opportunity to grow your social community with like-minded professionals
- We value your input in our processes, procedures, operations, and on how to grow the company. At GreenBirch Capital you are heard, listened to, and valued
Diversity is a strength
At GreenBirch Capital, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it to the benefit of our employees, our community, and our clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, an affirmative action employer, will make any accommodations where possible, and encourage applicants, from all walks of life, to apply for this opportunity; we want the best of the best!
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
Along with a winning attitude and a passion for real estate, you are driven, reliable, and while you can work independently (which will be critical, as this is a remote role which offers the opportunity to work from both home and the office), you are also a team player. Here’s a few of the finer points that we’ll also need you to bring to the table:
Education, Training, and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelors degree or relevant degree in commerce, real estate, economics or finance
- Experience in a fast-paced environment where you showed off a next level ability to learn and pivot
You also have…
- A high proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Experience writing clear, detailed reports incorporating relevant facts and figures.
- Clear understanding of cash flow statements, preparation and analysis.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of handling competing priorities and sensitive to strict timelines.
- The confidence to adapt to change
- The legal ability to work in Canada
- The ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Educational Check
What your day to day might include
Evaluate New Opportunities
- Evaluate the commercial mortgage opportunity through analysis of construction budgets, operating statements, rent rolls, financial statements, market data, third party engineering reports, and appraisals.
- Perform market analysis and review property-level cash flows.
- Verify and calculate loan underwriting parameters using MS Excel.
- Liaise with the borrower to gather all the documents required for the loan submission.
- Prepare loan presentation packages that outline the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the commercial mortgage opportunity for consideration
Loan Approval Process
- Review all third-party reports to ensure consistency in mortgage application (appraisals, BCA’s, Environmental, etc.)
- Working with the Mortgage Origination team to coordinate the funding process.
- Liaise with Borrowers and Lenders to process the closing of the deal.
- Ensure all written and electronic documentation meets compliance requirements, while maintaining highly organized and current data files for all mortgages.
- Establish relationships with third party providers (appraisers, engineers, cost consultants).
- Keep up-to-date with evolving policies and procedures.
- Stay informed with real estate and mortgage industry trends.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 2 years of professional work experience in a project management, finance, accounting or commercial real estate role will get you a leg up!
- A second language (parlez-vous francais?)
You still here?
Great! It sounds like you might be GreenBirch material. If you were nodding your head throughout this posting, then shoot us your resume and a quick note or a short video explaining why hiring you is a win-win. Please apply to