GreenBirch Capital – Associate Director (Remote)
Associate Director, Commercial Mortgages
GreenBirch Capital Ltd.
Full-time, Permanent Employee (Remote)
GreenBirch Capital facilitates commercial, multifamily, and construction mortgage financing in a number of provinces across Canada. We achieve this by providing our clients with the tools and knowledge to achieve the growth they have always desired, no matter where they are on that journey. We currently serve clients in BC, Prairies, Ontario, and Atlantic Canada*, and are searching for our next great Associate Director.
This role if fully remote for the right candidate! We currently have presence in BC, Ontario, and Atlantic Canada. We have a centrally located office in Calgary, if you would like to come in for some water cooler time and face to face human interaction. However if you are located in another major city centre, we will consider opening an office in your location!
You will be instrumental in working with a team who is orchestrating 100+ concurrent deals at a time. This will also include new client meetings, oversight and structuring of new commercial mortgage opportunities, review of CMHC or lender presentation packages, corresponding with CMHC and/or lenders and oversight of the funding process. The role also entails assisting in fostering a strong working relationship with our clients, lenders, and amongst our team. We are growing fast and you are someone who will hit the ground running!
This position will manage an existing book of clients and does not hold a requirement for new sales, however, there is opportunity for future growth into sourcing new business! We are a tight-knit tribe who works hard but loves to have fun while doing so, forging a workplace culture that will have you excited for your role each and every day.
The benefits to you!
First and foremost, you get to work in a company that is exploding with growth and who has an amazing team of professionals who are second to none at their craft; but wait, there’s more:
- A highly competitive compensation package including some base salary plus a potentially significant amount of commissions; structure is dependent upon what you bring to the table!
- A competitive benefits package to ensure that you are happy and healthy
- Work/life balance highlighted by: remote work option, paid sick days, team events
- Opportunity to grow into a sales role and reach your career peak while demonstrating your expertise in the Commercial Real Estate Finance industry
- The opportunity to grow your social community with like-minded professionals
- Get in on the ground floor of a growing company with lots of potential for growth and opportunity to help shape the company’s direction
- We value your input in our processes, procedures, operations, and on how to grow the company. At GreenBirch Capital you are heard, listened to, and valued!
Diversity is a strength
At GreenBirch Capital, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it to the benefit of our employees, our community, and our clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, an affirmative action employer, will make any accommodations where possible, and encourage applicants, from all walks of life, to apply for this opportunity; we want the best of the best!
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
Along with a winning attitude and a demonstrated passion for real estate, you are driven, reliable, and an inspirational leader. Here’s a few of the finer points that we’ll also need you to bring to the table:
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in a commercial, multifamily or construction real estate financing role such as commercial mortgage lending or brokerage
- At least 2 years of experience working with CMHC multi-family mortgages
- At least 2 years of supervisory or management experience (direct reports or team oversight)
- Completion of a Bachelors degree or relevant degree in commerce, real estate, economics or finance
You also have…
- Familiarity with different commercial real estate asset classes and mortgage types
- Experience reviewing and writing clear, detailed reports incorporating relevant facts and figures
- Clear understanding of cash flow statements, preparation and analysis
- Ability to thrive in high volume environments and manage deal flow
- Strong ability to multi-task and help drive mortgages to completion
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent management of stakeholder relations
- Capable of handling competing priorities and sensitive to strict timelines
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually
- The confidence to adapt to change
- The legal ability to work in Canada
- The ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Educational Check
What your day to day might include
Initial client meetings
- Take initial client meetings with the Mortgage Originator, and/or independently, to learn about clients’ needs, potential alignment with the services that GreenBirch offers, and to establish trust, credibility and rapport with clients
Evaluate new loan opportunities
- Work closely with the Mortgage Originator in structuring and analyzing mortgage opportunities based on the investment criteria of over 200 sources of mortgage capital available to GreenBirch Capital
- Evaluate the quality of the mortgage investment through analysis of operating statements, rent rolls, financial statements, market data, third party engineering reports, and appraisals
- Prepare (or work with the Analyst Team to prepare) proformas, cash-flow models, and project specific underwriting
- Create (or work with Analyst Team to create) financing proposals based on the analysis above
- Liaise with the Borrower and GreenBirch Analyst/Admin team to gather all of the documents required for loan submission
- Guide the Analyst Team through the preparation of the Mortgage Investment Brochure and Review the completed product to ensure clarity, completeness and accuracy
- Assist the Mortgage Originator with marketing efforts by identifying capital sources which best fit the loan requirements
- Collaborate with the Mortgage Originator to reach out to capital sources and respond to questions that arise
- Assist in the documentation, organization and presentation of quotes to the client as required
Loan Approval Process
- Liaise with CMHC to obtain CMHC approval (where applicable)
- Liaise with the borrower, lender and third parties to obtain approval and commitment letters
- Review all third-party reports to ensure consistency in the mortgage application (appraisals, BCA’s, environmental, etc.)
- Review commitment letters relative to executed Term Sheets/Letters of Intent for the Mortgage Originator
Funding & Loan Draws
- Work with the Analyst Team to oversee the funding process
- Liaise between Borrowers, Lenders and third parties to help close the deal
- Work with cost consultants for budget review and loan draws (as required)
- Build and maintain relationships with lenders and other third parties involved in the commercial mortgage process
- Next level CMHC multifamily financing experience
- Previous work experience in commercial mortgage brokerage
- Being located or having close ties to a major centre in Canada
- A second language (parlez-vous francais?)
You still here?
Great! It sounds like you might be GreenBirch material. If you were nodding your head throughout this posting, then shoot us your resume and a quick note or a short video explaining why hiring you is a winwin.
* The brokerage is currently licensed in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia. Manitoba, Newfoundland and Quebec licensing are in progress