GreenBirch Capital – Bookkeeper, Real Estate Finance (Remote)
Bookkeeper, Real Estate Finance
GreenBirch Capital Ltd
#310–888 9th St., SW, Calgary, AB, T2R 1J5
$65,000-$75,000/yr – Full-time, Permanent Employee (Remote)
GreenBirch Capital is a commercial mortgage brokerage that empowers current and aspiring commercial real estate owners to create, expand and optimize their portfolio by providing mortgage solutions. We are searching for our next great Bookkeeper.
We boast a modern and centrally located facility, however, for the right candidate, this opportunity can be fully remote. You will be instrumental in processing a high volume of transactions and ensuring deadlines are met for our regulatory compliance with mortgage brokerage national and provincial standards. We are growing fast and you are someone who will hit the ground running! We’re a tight-knit tribe who works hard but loves to have fun while doing so, forging a workplace atmosphere that will have you excited for your role each and every day.
The benefits to you!
First and foremost, you get to work in a company that is exploding with growth and who has an amazing team of professionals who are second to none at their craft. The added attraction of this role is that it is the first of its kind in our company, and the successful candidate will help to shape and develop the department from the ground up!
But wait, there’s more:
- A competitive salary of $65,176-$75,781 per year
- A role that is 100% remote, and always will be (why waste your life commuting?)
- A competitive benefits package, 100% paid for by us, to ensure that you are happy and healthy
- Opportunity to grow your skills and carve out your own nice in the Real Estate Finance industry
- The opportunity to grow your social community with like-minded professionals – we love our team events!
- We value your input in our processes, procedures, operations, and on how to grow the company. At GreenBirch Capital you are heard, listened to, and valued
Diversity is a strength
At GreenBirch Capital, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it to the benefit of our employees, our community, and our clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, an affirmative action employer, will make any accommodations where possible, and encourage applicants, from all walks of life, to apply for this opportunity; we want the best of the best!
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
To say that you have a weirdly passionate relationship with numbers is an understatement. You can make numbers dance for you and are skilled at interpreting financial data and projecting it to tell a story of the future. You thrive on a high volume of transactions (like, really high!) and pride yourself on precision. Along with a winning attitude and a love of order, organization, and efficiency, you are dependable, reliable, and while you can work independently, you are also a team player. Here’s a few of the finer points that we’ll also need you to bring to the table:
Education, Training, and Experience
- A relevant college or university degree, diploma, certificate, or training
- At least 5 years of previous bookkeeping experience
- Brokerage experience is a bonus!
You’re also innately…
- Guru-level in your Microsoft Word, Excel, and financial software skills, and are techinclined
- A people person who is energized by day to interactions and thrives on a swift pace of business
- A team player who is agile and has the ability to pivot your focus without losing focus
- Able to pay high attention to detail under time constraints and tight deadlines
- A strong communicator, written and oral, in the English language
- Reliable, punctual, and take initiative; you’re not afraid to wear many hats
- Professional and able to practice discretion with highly sensitive information (we can’t stress the importance of this one enough!)
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Able to pass a Criminal Record Check and Educational Check
What your day to day might include
- Managing accounting records
- Administrating accounts payable and receivable
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting
- Analyzing financial data
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Monitoring expenditure
- Ensuring accuracy of financial information
- Managing cash flow
- Identifying accounting and financial issues and suggesting timely solutions
- Supporting year-end close process
- Managing quality control over financial transactions and reporting
- Ensuring federal and provincial mortgage brokerage regulations compliance deadlines are met
- Monitoring regional licensing requirements amongst our remote-based team, and ensuring they are kept current and valid
- An accounting designation will give you a leg up
- A second language (parlez-vous francais?)
You still here?
Great! It sounds like you might be GreenBirch material. If you were nodding your head throughout this posting, then shoot us your resume and a quick note or a short video explaining why hiring you is a win-win. Please apply via the Indeed portal!