Greenbirch Capital – Senior Analyst
GreenBirch Capital empowers current and aspiring commercial real estate owners and developers to create, expand and optimize their portfolio by providing mortgage solutions, connections and education. We are searching for our next great Senior Mortgage Analyst. You can work remotely or will have the option of working out of our modern and centrally located facility, where you will be supporting our Analysts in reviewing and analyzing new commercial, multifamily and construction mortgage opportunities, preparing loan presentation packages, assisting in other aspects of the loan funding process, and assisting in fostering a strong working relationship with our clients and amongst our team. We’re a tight-knit tribe who works hard but loves to have fun while doing so, forging a workplace culture that will have you excited for your role each and every day.
The benefits to you!
First and foremost, you get to work in a company that is exploding with growth and who has an amazing team of professionals who are second to none at their craft; but wait, there’s more:
- Work/life balance highlighted by: remote work option, paid sick days, team events
- A competitive salary of $80,000 – $110,000, plus performance bonus (when we win, you win!), depending on what you bring to the table – tell us what you’re worth!
- A competitive benefits package to ensure that you are happy and healthy
- Opportunity to reach your career peak and demonstrate your expertise in the Real Estate Finance industry
- The opportunity to grow your social community with like-minded professionals
- We value your input in our processes, procedures, operations, and on how to grow the company. At GreenBirch Capital you are heard, listened to, and valued
Diversity is a strength
At GreenBirch Capital, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it to the benefit of our employees, our community, and our clients. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, an affirmative action employer, will make any accommodations where possible, and encourage applicants, from all walks of life, to apply for this opportunity; we want the best of the best!
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
Along with direct commercial real estate experience, you are great with numbers, an Excel pro, driven, reliable, and while you can work independently (which will be critical, as this role is remote), you are also a team player. Here’s a few of the finer points that we’ll also need you to bring to the table:
Education, Training, and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in a commercial, multifamily or construction real estate financing role such as commercial mortgage lending, appraisal, brokerage, asset management or quantity surveyor
- Completion of a Bachelors degree or relevant degree in commerce, real estate, economics or finance
You also have…
- Experience writing clear, detailed reports incorporating relevant facts and figures.
- Clear understanding of cash flow statements, preparation and analysis.
- Enjoyment of a fast-paced work day that requires the ability to pivot
- The ability and desire to learn new technology and adopt it
- Passion for real estate industry
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of handling competing priorities and sensitive to strict timelines.
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually.
- The confidence to adapt to change
- The legal ability to work in Canada
- The ability to pass a Criminal Record Check and Educational Check
What your day to day might include
Evaluate New opportunities
- Evaluate the commercial mortgage opportunity through analysis of construction budgets, operating statements, rent rolls, financial statements, market data, third party engineering reports, and appraisals.
- Perform market analysis and review property-level cash flows.
- Verify and calculate loan underwriting parameters using MS Excel.
- Liaise with the borrower to gather all the documents required for the loan submission
- Prepare and review of the Mortgage Investment Brochure completed by the analyst team to ensure accuracy and reinforce underwriting standards and procedures
- Preparing and/or reviewing the loan packages within the underwriting team to ensure they are assigned and completed in a timely manner, while handling any issues that arise along the way.
Loan Approval Process
- Review all third-party reports to ensure consistency in mortgage application (appraisals, BCA’s, Environmental, etc.)
- Liaise with borrower, lender and third parties to obtain commitment letters
- Liaise with CMHC to obtain CMHC approval
- Review commitment letters relative to executed Term Sheets/Letters of Intent for the Mortgage Originator
Funding and Loan Draws
- Working with the Mortgage Origination team to coordinate the funding process.
- Liaise with Borrowers and Lenders to process the closing of the deal.
- Ensure all written and electronic documentation meets compliance requirements, while maintaining highly organized and current data files for all mortgages.
- Establish relationships with third party providers (appraisers, engineers, cost consultants).
- Keep up-to-date with evolving policies and procedures.
- Stay informed with real estate and mortgage industry trends.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Next level underwriting experience
- A second language (parlez-vous francais?)
You still here?
Great! It sounds like you might be GreenBirch material. If you were nodding your head throughout this posting, then shoot us your resume and a quick note or a short video explaining why hiring you is a winwin. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org